Monday, April 12, 2010

No Profile this week

Alas, I fail. I cannot think of a good San Carlosian to profile. Partly because I have not put that much thought into it and partly because I am too mad with the check, excuse me, THREE checks that I just wrote to the government. Yes, I believe that people should pay taxes and yes I know that this great country of ours is somewhat broke, but man that took it out of me. And the worst part is they aren't going to come back in a year...they are coming back in 3 months! Dammit.

BUT I can take this opportunity to cheer on Harmony Frozen Yogurt! The tiny shop on Arroyo and Laurel opened its doors just 4-5 years ago and offered us a new kind of FroYo. At first taste, you might think, gross, frozen sour cream, but when you go back for your "Deal" and layer your three favorite toppings (strawberries, gronola and honey are my fave) you realize, oh my god, where has this been all my life?!

All seemed to be well in Harmony's life, some would have called it harmonious until the big ugly Red Mango opened its doors just a block away. The monster chain (from Palo Alto, are we surprised? Really?) tried to take over innocent Harmony and use Laurel Street as its hostage! For about 2 years there was a power struggle on the Ave...you either supported the little guy and had delish Harmony or you proved you had no soul and enjoyed the monster chain yogurt. Loyalty lines were clearly drawn.

The people of San Carlos (at least the good-hearted ones) prevailed and proved that Harmony was the better fit for the City of Good Living! Just a few weeks ago, Red Mango was forced out and a huge banner was put up in front of it saying...COMING SOON! Harmony Frozen Yogurt! Not only had Harmony eliminated the competition, but it is throwing salt in the wound and moving into its spot!!

David and Goliath anyone??

No comments:

Post a Comment