Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Boy, was I wrong!

When I saw the Blind Side, one of the previews was for Avatar. I can specifically remember my thoughts when I was watching this preview. In a nutshell..."This movie will be the BIGGEST bomb and Sigorney Weaver, you should have known better." Boy oh boy was I wrong.

I kept thinking every time I saw an ad, this looks so dumb. Blue creatures fighting these space people and living in floating houses in trees...nice try. Then all of the sudden people were raving about this. I thought, oh America supports American Idol, of course they are going to like this movie. Then, people I trusted kept telling me, "oh it is so good, plot is a little lame but so good." What does that mean? Doesn't the plot drive the story?! How is it good if that is lame? Then it was compared to Pocahantas in the future. Nope, still did not do it for me. Before I knew it it was being nominated for Golden Globes, SAG awards, Oscars? What was going on? I can understand the visual leaps that it has taken but Best Picture?!

When I was watching the award shows, I openly cheered for anything but Avatar and finally I was right!! They didn't win half as many awards as they were hoping for and James got beat out by his ex-wife (who is a fellow San Carlosian!!).

Almost 5 months later, people are still buzzing about it. The DVD is about to drop and I still have not seen it and, you know, I do NOT plan on seeing it. But, apparently it made a lot of money so boy was I wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment