Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wedding Week Extravaganza!

Dear Kate!

It's hard to believe that this time last week we were in the throws of preparations for the big day and now there's nothing as exciting going on! It was definitely a wonderful day and perhaps one of the most exciting weddings EVER, however I could be biased, but whatever.The whole week was such a whirlwind as soon as we pulled into the driveway on Commonwealth on Tuesday night that the whole week seems like such a blur.

We really wasted no time, especially on Wednesday when Sarah had me wrapping presents like nobody’s business. I was literally giving Santa’s elves a run for their money and wowing the crowd with my folding skills (the ta-da box, anyone?) But the craziness didn't end there, we ran errands, sent out emails like we were a corporation and got shit together for the big day. But of course we were able to sneak in a trip to Jimmy Kimmel where we saw Kevin Nealon and the same animal trainer that was a guest star the last time I was there! But don't ask me any particulars because as soon as we both had a glass of wine in our hands (or two but who's counting), we paid little to no attention and just chatted away for 90 percent of the show. Oopsies.


Thursday was a little more relaxed: we were pampered. The kind of MOH duties I can really get behind! We had our nails done and got lunch with some bomb drinks that really calmed our nerves (Tipsy Lemonade from Granville Café, if I were a Yelper, I would totally Yelp about it). We continued to slowly cross church seating arrangements, processional orders, and of course more wrapping presents off the list. We really and handed over the goodies to the wedding planner. Before we knew it we were pushing people out the door so that we could get some shut eye.

Friday was actually really calm for being the rehearsal dinner day--well my duties that day were pretty well relaxed during the day but what the hell do I know. Sarah and I ran an errand downtown and then we left her to finish up some stuff and finish packing but before we knew it we were making our way to the church for the rehearsal! That's where things got a little foggy for me. The woman running the rehearsal was not exactly brief with the info and gave us a lot of details that weren't really a necessity so naturally I wasn't giving that part my 100% attention but I was also hungry so can you blame me?

But we made it through and finally headed over to Louise's for a lovely dinner thanks to Tom's mom Marilyn! Us bridesmaids camped out at our "you can only sit here if you're wearing a shade of blue or coral" Team Wedding is pretty exclusive like that I guess. It was such a fun night, definitely a foreshadowing of the excitement that was to come the next day!

Saturday breakdown coming NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment