Monday, July 18, 2011

Summertime Lull

That seems almost like an oxymoron saying that im in a funk during my favorite season. It's mostly because I'm still undergoing wedding detox (man you'd think it were my own) but what do you expect when the topic of conversation for over a year has come and gone (besides rehashing every aspect of the day over and over again which is what we're doing). Sadly, these past two weeks, I just don't know what to do with myself! So in an attempt to kick the bleh out of the life—seeing as it is summertime and there should be no bleh—I’m trying to reinvent some aspects of life.

Starting with my workouts. I'm seeing a trend of just not wanting to go to the gym these days seeing as the wedding's over, so inspiration is slim. How to kick this habit? Get new clothes so I get the chance to wear them to the gym! Same goes for my actual work clothes. Sales are all over the place (thank you Nordies Anniversary Sale and GAP credit card benefits!) so looks like I've got some spending to do. Yeah that will kick drive my lull a bit.

Speaking of splurging, I have been getting a warning message on my Dell laptop (which has been kicking since my sophomore year at Santa Clara) telling me that the battery life is almost out. Rather than getting a new battery, I decided to dish out the cash for a MacBook Pro--my first Mac! And it's a beautiful thing too, name is still to be determined though, I don't want to rush that important process though and it's another way to focus my new energy/time--picking out the perfect name.
Even in the celebrity world, I feel like there's a lull. I know, I didn't think it would ever happen either, but they've been going through spurts of insane amounts of news. Prime example was last week, they were so quiet Monday-Thursday and then Friday came and BAM! JLo's getting divorced, Nick Lachey is finally married and yucky Bev Hills Housewife Taylor is also getting the big D. So I decided to embark on a new frontier, Twitter. This way I can really be all up in their business. I plan on only following celebrities but who knows if inspiration will strike maybe I'll tweet something. Maybe I'll get all carried away and even Yelp, but don't hold your breath.

Let's hope these quick fixes will get rid of this summertime funk. And hey a quick trip to San Clemente in 10 days will do the trick too! Yes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment