Friday, July 8, 2011

Sarah and Tom Get Married!

Ahh July 2nd was a very good day and I wasn't even the one who got married! The silly lady from the church tried to tell us that we needed to be at OMGC by 1:30 for a 2:30 wedding but we didn't even have the limos coming to get us until 1:30 so we were "playing it by ear" to see if we got there ahead of time. But, here's our timetable for the day (or at least my best guess):

7:00 AM: After spending the night at the Biltmore Hotel (in a suite that reminded me of the room in Home Alone 2: Lost in NY) Team Wedding is all alive, awake, alert and WAY too enthusiastic for 7 am on a Saturday morning, but who am I kidding I was bouncing off the walls.
7:30 AM: Make our way to breakfast upstairs, making sure that Tom is tucked away in his room.
8:45 AM: Maggie dropped Lisa and I off to get our hair done up! Other ladies were "relaxing away"
10:00 AM: Maggie drops next group off to get hair done, and I had to put the smack down on the gal doing my hair, "No I don't think I can do with this massive fishtail on my hairline, I sorry" had a mini-heart attack that I threw off the schedule but Lisa and I booked it to get our makeup done back at the Biltmore Hotel where my new fave girl Nikki was waiting for me!
11:30 AM: Or sometime close to this time, all of Team Wedding is back in the hotel and getting pretty close to ready
12:30 PM: I finally get those rings over to the Best Man Chris. I sure as hell didn't want to be responsible for those things! In fact I woke up in the middle of the night the night before to make sure that they were still in the same place as I left them.
1:15 PM: the Bride is dressed and taking photos with the bomb photographer!
1:30 PM: We're "on time" and getting into the limo that was perhaps 100 degrees, we almost lost a couple of bridesmaids on the 20 minute drive to the church.
1:35 PM: Limo driver wants to take 101 rather than the 5 but we caught him right before the exit.
1:45 PM: Limo driver takes wrong exit, didn't catch him in time, so cruising down Glendale Blvd for a few minutes so we can flip a U--haven't seen a limo make a U-turn ever but looks like this vehicle turns on a dime...who knew!?
2:00 PM: Team Wedding arrives at the church and is pushed to the hottest room on the planet, don't they know our makeup could run?
2:40 PM: Music starts going and people are in their seats. Now I imagined that the church would be somewhat full but scattered (judging what I saw from the footage of Maria and Jeff's wedding back in the day) but when it was my turn and I finally surveyed the church, I'm sure the people in the back all say me mouth "Holy Crap" before I walked down the aisle.
3:45 PM: There's a new Mr and Mrs Tom Repetto in town and I can prove it since I signed the marriage license!
3:45 PM--6 or so, we were photo taking machines! This photographer was totally awesome, he was all over the place, but NEVER in your face. I can't even guess how many photos he took that day but I know that there will be plenty to choose from!

The reception was all a blur and I have no sense of time for that part because it was just too much fun. Here are some highlights though:
1. The non-stop dance party.
2. Carly catching the bouquet.
3. Team wedding dancing into the party to Gaga's Edge of Glory.
4. The parasol umbrellas. It really took each photo to the next level.
5. The Degas the bomb.com signature drink, pomegranate margarita. I really didn't get a chance to take full advantage of this drink seeing as I had to stay coherent for my toast but the sips that I did have was sinfully delish!
6. All the toasts! I couldn't just say my own, that would be a little selfish so I'll say all of them, blah blah blah.
7. The photo booth! We should have those all the time. In fact I don't know why we don't have them on a regular.
8. The dance circles. We were all about the dance circles.

Ahhh what a reception it was. So wonderful, so stress-free. It was as close to living in a musical as I could get. And in the words of Michael, "Forget the beach, let's just throw receptions" well said, Michael. Well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment