Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kudos and Boos

Kudos to Kathy Griffin for putting on an awesome show last night at the Saratoga Mountain Winery! In our, "let's try something new" phase, Kate and I went to see the hilarious Kathy do a show in a place that's totally foreign to us...the South Bay (never mind the fact that I went to school down there). But after what I would consider our most successful drive down there and no wrong turns we were on top of the Saratoga Mountains overlooking rolling vineyard hills, overlooking the valley. Immediately, we decided that will be Kate's wedding location. Since we had some time to kill, we enjoyed some wine, chatted it up with Kate's parents and then made our way to our super awesome seats...4th row, so close that I didn't need to wear my glasses. She was on stage for a little under 2 hours and was so funny! She covered everything from Casey Anthony to Nancy Grace to Gaga to Lilo to JLo and was consistently funny all night long. It was so fun we decided every time she's around, we're going to see her!
Boos to the Women's World Cup results. Poor USA! Losing in a shoot-out to Japan the ladies will return home from Frankfurt without the win. Too bad ladies, but you sure gave them hell trying!

Kudos to the six bicyclists that were able to beat the JetBlue plane from Burbank to Long Beach yesterday during the "height" of Carmageddon. Always one to root for the underdog, I was hoping the bicyclists could beat the plane, but I didn't think it was going to happen. Maybe it was the lack of traffic in LA but six bicyclist managed to get to Long Beach before the jumbo-jet. And they managed to raise $7,000 for the Los Angeles County Bicyclist Coalition. Well done bicyclists!
Boos to the anti-climactic nature of Carmageddon. That's right the Northern Californian calls it anti-climactic. Not only was there no pandaemonium on the 405, but there was green traffic throughout the city (from what I saw from people's posts on the book) AND they opened ahead of schedule. While I guess that's all good for the LA folk, I was really looking forward to seeing how people were going to attempt to handle this. I suppose maybe I just expect so much drama from LA--hello it's the Lilo generation. Sadly I think it just really peaked at the awesome name.

Kudos to Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minillo! On Friday the cute couple tied the knot on some far-away Caribbean island. I could go on and on about how much I adore Nick (totally Team Nick although I did recently decide that JSimp has suffered enough and it's been like eight years so I forgive her) and how much I love Nick and Vanessa together but who has the time?But I'll look forward to seeing the wedding when it's televised on TLC on July 30! Check out the brand-spanking new trailer here
Boos to JLo and Marc Anthony! The tabloids didn't even warn us that there was trouble in paradise so this one came way out of left field. I wonder what went wrong? I just hope they don't do the whole "never in the same place at the same time" cop out. You're public figures by choice so we deserve to know what went wrong! But, no matter what so sad especially since they have three year old twins.

And on that note, dominate this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment