Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Small Town Hazard

Gossip just comes hand and hand with a small town, and there seems to be no escaping it. My number one source, although her reliability has been spotty, is of course, my mom, who gets her a info from her walking group or coffee dates, who get’s theirs from who knows where and so the cycle of he-said-she-said is in full swing. When she tells me anything these days I always say, “name your source” but that doesn’t stop me from believing it and who are we kidding, repeating it.

And this morning was a perfect example of the San Carlos gossip mill. First thing she says to me this morning was “Casey Anthony could in San Carlos!” Hold up, say what? First of all, how would anyone find San Carlos on a map and why? Without skipping a beat, she goes into detail about how her walking group says that there was a private plane traveling west Sunday from Orlando that made a stop in Phoenix, Phoenix to Orange County, Orange County to San Carlos. Then she says, she’s “allegedly” going to be living in San Mateo. So I went online this am and went to my first stop for all things news, People.com. THEY said that she’s “allegedly” in Orange County. Now I was at a crossroads, who to believe, my mother or people.com? I'm leaning towards People. After some further investigation, I was able to confirm the flight pattern (thank you ABC News) is correct but no one knows where she is (as of 7 PM on Tuesday night).

THEN I hear that the biggest excitement this town has seen in a while is a not even true. A source has a source that the legit (although injured) Giants catcher, Buster Posey is not living in the City of Good Living but in the East Bay. Again, Lady Di’s walking group gets burned with their claims (she even gave me the name of a street she was positive that they lived on and I may or may not have taken a special walking route to go scope it out). Sadly another source has confirmed that he's in the East Bay and it looks like there are no celebrities in the 94070.


Let's hope that Lady Di gets her gossip sources in check. And remember when all else fails, check People.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment