Thursday, May 26, 2011

Since when am I the adult?

Dear Kate,

Last night, I attended the Glee concert with the neighbor kids. Just kidding, that would have sounded a little better than saying I went to the Glee concert with my mom and aunt. Which I did, but even though I was the “kid” I still felt like I was the adult chaperone to these ladies.They were so excited, they sang along, danced a bit, and took lots of photos that aren’t going to come out, sorry mom.

Just watching how excited they were was purely comical. It really reminded me of my first real concert. Well I suppose my first concert was the Beach Boys, but I had no idea what was going on and we were watching music instead of watching a movie or eating or something. When I was in the sixth grade, maybe 7th or 8th, good ol’ VK took me to the fantastic, the amazing, the talented, NSYNC. That’s right, be jealous. AND it was on a weeknight? How much cooler can you get than that? It was right when they were the talk of the town, they were ruling the airwaves and filling our heads with their catch tunes. I remember singing my heart out (as I often do) and took a complete throw-away camera’s worth of blurry photos with tiny blue blobs flying across (oops forgot about the flash).

Since then I’ve been to a few concerts since then like Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, U2—arguably the most awesome ever—but this was my first in a while. As we were waiting for the dang show to start, and although there was just oodles of excitement radiating from Lady Di and Cathy, the whole HP Pavillion was busting at the seams waiting for their fave stars to pop on stage and serenade them. And once they did finally decide to pop on stage, it was a pretty darn good concert. They had a lot of energy, danced a lot, and sounded awesome! Well at least I think they did, I couldn’t really hear them over the two older ladies singing next to me. ;o) And it was super cool to see my high school compadre, Darren, on stage with all these people cheering for him. Definitely cool.

Another concert on another school night. Yeah ya! And ironically, the concert was the same night as their season finale. So I have no idea what happened with Nationals. Poor planning, poor planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment