Thursday, May 19, 2011

Adult-itis

Hello faithful reader Kate,

It’s Thursday. Finally. This has been quite the week and you should know! But, I can just barely see the light at the end of the work week tunnel. Maybe I’ve had a bit of adult-itis this week too. This is one of my favorite times of years, grad parties, it’s just starting to get hot, I’m optimistic about my tanning. Then you hear about the twerps who are done with finals, are the ones graduating, they’ve got nothing to do between now and the fall. I can’t help but be jealous. I wish that the working world still had the three fantastic months of summer vacation so we could soaking up every once of Vitamin D we can, and pair that with the benefits that come with being over 21 and that’s pretty close to perfection.

My summer between school and the harsh working world was, in a word? AWESOME. I was working “part time” at Kids on Campus, so I had some cash flow (we even got a raise for summer working, yes please!), I went to Vegas, San Clemente (for two weeks, thank you very much) and the idea of working was simply an idea, not a threat. This is really the only time when this recession really worked in my favor. I was happy, tan and relaxed.

Why can’t we have that now?! How much happier would we be if we could all work part time and get the rest of the time to vacation, hang out, lay low, and enjoy the beautiful weather? I bet people would be MUCH more productive in the work place if they had the opportunity to gallivant off every weekend on some adventure or harebrained scheme with their family or friends. I know I would be!

But this summer should be pretty solid, basically for one event that we’re anxiously awaiting the arrival of! I know Nothing will ever meet the summer after Santa Clara, but I’m willing to try. But I can’t do that until the damn season decides to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment