Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Attempt Numero Dos

Dear Kate,

So, I bet you can guess, but I was at work a little longer than anticipated and by the time I got home, I didn’t have time to change and go to Spin. And then the whole, “I’m not really into going tonight” weighed heavily on my decision. Epic fail. I know. And I call myself MOH.
So today to make up for it, I’m attempting Urban Rebounding again for the second time. Last week we went and I had NO idea what to expect. Usually, before I go into a new gym class, I try and watch from the other side of the glass (either on the treadmill or elliptical) and judge if I would be able to stand 60 minutes of that ridiculousness. Usually, my answer is no and I had seen a few instances walking past a class with this he-man teaching and yelling and thinking that looks insanely hard but Lisa practically fell into this class and her legs are double the length of mine. She decided to try it once, thinking the instructor was our home girl Diana who we’ve taken kickboxing from but with Lisa’s luck it was some other chick. Lisa stayed for the kickboxing class right after, with said instructor, where I met up with her and the new instructor seemed super nice and she talked about how it was great for the core so I thought why the hell not?

Well, last week was quite comical. Lisa’s trampoline, excuse me, urban rebounder, was broken initially, yet she still picked it and continued to break it further towards the beginning of the class. Smooth moves right there. Then we had a DIFFERENT instructor than I originally thought and this fool had so much energy that no one else was allowed to have any. He just sucked it right out of the room. So while he’s running around, jumping up and down, having a blast, I’m still trying to figure out how to “run” on this ridiculously small trampoline. It was definitely a LOT harder than it looks from the safety of the other side of the glass wall. After Lisa and I exchanged quite a few “Screw you” looks, a couple “Holy crap I almost fell on my face” eyebrow raises and one “this wedding better be worth it” glare, we moved away from the cardio and into abs.

In my opinion, that’s the best part because while spend about 40-45 minutes looking like a fool at a kid’s birthday party, the last 20-15 minutes are mostly abs and stretching. Really, my biggest qualm with other classes is that there’s not a lot of time to stretch or do abs at the end of the class, or they tell you to stretch on your own. Yeah right, once I walk out of the gym the likelihood of that drops dramatically like an F-bomb out of a New Jersey Housewife’s mouth.
When I finally caught my breath at the end of the class and saw the golden gates of the front door beaming and I thought, ok, a few of those looks were uncalled for and a majority of those moves were made for the Arnold Swarzeneggers of the world (post coming about that bomb drop), but man I earned my dinner!

The true test comes with the second class, which we get to have tonight at 5:30. I’m also attempting to stay for Kickboxing directly after since I missed last night, but we’ll see how Hell Hour One goes. If I don’t post tomorrow, it’s possible that I died.

No comments:

Post a Comment