Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kudos and Boos!

I have decided to do a weekly installment! Soooo…introducing “Sunday Kudos and Boos!”


Kudos: Taylor Swift’s SNL performance...The quirky superstar hosted SNL last night and outted all the people who did her wrong…well sort of. She “alluded” to cheating boyfriends, lame break ups with tween idols and, of course, the infamous Kanye West incident from the VMAs this year…and never breaking the smile that was plastered on her face. Here's the video if you haven't seen it yet.

Boo: Randy Quaid...First of all who knew he had made over 60 movies?! Granted about a 1/3 of those are National Lampoon Vacays but still...really? So here’s the question, if he has made so many movies, then why is he running out on hotel bills? Poor form, Randy.



Kudos: Fall Weather...In San Carlos the fall weather is finally here! Let’s just hope it lasts! The past few days have been rather crisp but then again we had a bit of a cold curve (I don’t think we ever got as cold to call it a snap) but then last weekend weekend we were in the high 70s! I guess it’s finally fall!

Boo: Holiday Commercials...Since it’s finally fall, naturally the media is forcing us to start thinking about Christmas. Costco is covered in Christmas decorations, Macy’s has trees up, and it is not even Nov 15. As I always say, it’s no fair skipping a holiday.


Kudos: Bundle Sunday at St Charles...It has encouraged Marko and Lady Di to purge their closets and attics! Although when I suggest it, I get the brush off. I guess when God suggests it, well that’s a whole other can of worms

Boo: Jon Gosselin...It is sad that I am not even surprised by this TLC tool anymore. As a result from my major dislike for him, I tend to—no I do—judge anyone who wears Ed Hardy paraphernalia. Much like I judge anyone who supports/encourages Jessica Simpson.


Kudos: NY Yankees...I didn’t know that they won the world series until I watched Regis and Kelly this week so props to you Yankees! First time winning since 2000…which doesn’t seem like it was that long ago! But I guess Kate Hudson is your good luck charm!

Boo: Twilight at Nordstroms...Maybe it is because I am anti-Twilight, but to have obnoxious shirts that read “Team Edward” and “Bella is my homegirl” (or something to that extent) and cardboard cutouts at a place like Nordies, just causes me to shake my head. Sorry die hard Twilight fans, but I just don’t get it.


Kudos: Nonni...This week is Nonni’s birthday so…Happy Birthday Nonni! She spends her bday every year at her happy place…Disneyland! She did it last year too in the middle of all of her celebrating…we had what I like to call: Nonni-Palooza from the beginning of November to January! I guess we will just have to stretch it out till Thanksgiving!

Boo: Unemployment...It rose this week to over 10 percent…not good for us college grads but this week I start my job as a temp for 2 months! This will keep me busy and roll in some dough…but still, unemployment…no good.

No comments:

Post a Comment