Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Un-Trendy

Sadly, it appears that my birthday has come and gone. Although I am a firm believer in celebrating as long as humanly possible (usually runs about a month) others aren’t so keen on that idea. Rather being the last one singing happy birthday (and in this case to myself) I went to the masses and asked people to celebrate for as long as I could get them to, so away to LA we went!


So Friday, we got on a plane with Lisa and flew south, landing in beautiful Burbank before Regis and Kelly was even over. We spent a majority of our day with Nonni, although her attention on us was soon deflected when Marko, who was down in LA for a court appearance, waltzed right into the house like he owned the place to surprise Nonni, and after a quick lunch, he made Lisa and I drive him back to the airport.

Well, since we were already on the freeway, we decided to head downtown and go to FIDM, as Sarah was wrapping up her class, and kicked it in the campus museum seeing FABULOUS, an exhibit showcasing fashion from the past 200 years. There were some hits (Alexander McQueen) and some misses (the Crayola dress- a bonafide hot mess-in my professional opinion). We walked out a few minutes before Sarah and when we were sitting on a bench for 10 minutes, and BOY did I stick out like a sore thumb. There I was in my Gap zip up, light jeans and flippy floppies, walking amongst the boho chic, trendy and put together people of Los Angeles. People knew I was no student.


So rather than wait around to get ridiculed for our pathetic appearance, we hopped over to the Standard Hotel, went up to the rooftop bar and enjoyed a delicious mojito overlooking all of downtown, including Café Pinot! It was a beautiful day in LA so it was perfect to chill up there, and I could definitely imagine my Entourage buddies kicking it there on a lazy afternoon. Definitely a place to go back to but I was still way under-dressed.

Eventually, we made it back to Nonni’s for some bomb pizza and Carly and Kate finally flew in to join in on the fun. And rather than end the the night there, we hopped in the rental car and went to Dillion’s pub in Hollywood for $3 beers. We kicked it there for a while, along with most of Hollywood and when we decided to call it a night, were decided it was definitely our scene when our tab was cheaper than parking, yes this was definitely my kind of place, and I was finally appropriately dressed..

No comments:

Post a Comment