Wednesday, October 5, 2011

And so goes 23...

It's my final day of being 23 and looking back on the past year, I have to say it was solid. Here are 3 high points and in no particular order:

1. Winning $500 on my birthday! My fave radio station had a promotion where listeners had to simply enter a contest and if they call your name at 8, 12, 5, you have 10 minutes to call back. I signed up solely because I wanted to win $500 and I jokingly said it would be awesome if I won on my birthday. I hoped I would win from my pals, Sarah and Vinnie, but no dice and didn't pay attention in the 12:10 hour when they called my name. But thank goodness for my boss's husband who heard my name and tracked me down. What a way to start off 23!
2. Being MOH. So many awesome things about this. From the being drunk on power, planning, visits and of course the VEGAS, I loved being part of Team Wedding. Sarah and Tom's wedding was ridiculously awesome (thank goodness we got the pictures so we can recap for years!) and July 3rd was definitely a sad day as I relinquished my crown.
3. Italia! We went for Marko's 60th Birthday and as much as I hate flying, it was a super fun trip. After we spent some time with everyone and their mother in Roma, then Lisa and I went to Austria for a few days to explore and I am SO happy we did, that was one place I regretted not going when I studied abroad. We trained it back to Italy for 12 hours and finally ended back in the mother land and kicked it with Nonni (and eventually the p-units) and the relatives for a few days before heading home. Definitely worth it!

Surprise, surprise I can't think of anything and I am getting sleepy. Maybe I'll post some new ones when they come to me. But in the likely event that it doesn't happen, it's been real and it's been fun 23....but now it's on to 24!

No comments:

Post a Comment