Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday's Topic!

Dear Kate,

Whoa, two days in a row, that must be some kind of a record. But allow me to introduce you to the new Saturday topic...Let's talk about...fill in the blank. This is where my random thoughts really take shape and thrive. This week's topic: Mommy Cards.

So this week as I was listening to Pandora at work they had an ad come on for VistaPrint.com and they had a promo for 25% off or something like that for a bunch of business cards, networking cards, mommy cards and more! Hold up, what is a mommy card? So I googled it and found that this is the LATEST with moms. They put their info on these cards that you can apparently order from VistaPrint or other similar sites or you know make your own and then hand them out at the park when you're there with your kids.

Is this really necessary or is this a housewife's way of feeling corporate? I'm not sure because I am not a mom and I still have my old business cards from my last job. But this really got me thinking, what benefits does this mommy card present to the average mom? Some people say that it is just easier to hand someone a card with all your info on it rather than having to write it out. Normally, I would think that would take about 20 seconds, 40 if you have a kid fussing around. So is it really that much faster?

In my opinion, it's silly and maybe someone can explain to me the thoughts behind it. So I guess to each her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment