Sunday, April 10, 2011

Getting up to date...

Dear Kate,

I've fallen off the wagon. But I had everything written, just forgot to post, so this is my attempt to catch up and introduce my Wednesday installment AND to do my Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday posts...so let's go back in time... I’d like to introduce you to my new Wednesday installment, Why I love Bravo.

Ah how I love Bravo, let me count the ways…OK challenge accepted. This channel is awesome. From it’s Housewife franchise that I just can’t seem to get enough of to their cleverness in the sneakiest of places, Bravo rocks. There was a time where I was anti-reality TV but Bravo moves past that and really gets down to the issues. Whether it’s how chefs can’t hold their tempers to a hidden drinking problem with a Bev Hills housewife to just why Bethenny has issues around her bday. No PSA stone goes unturned.

So what better way to spend mid week than to explore why Bravo is the way it is. The reasons are in no particular order, adhear to any particular format, require nothing, just me ranting, which you should know by now is just what I do.

So let’s see reason number 1. This one’s easy, it really highlights their clever side and if you blink you could miss it. Each Bravo show has three (possibly four, I think typically three though) adjectives if you will that are in the logo lock up. They all relate to the show’s theme, but sometimes they are just too clever that you can’t help but applaud their advertising department. For example, Pregnant in Heels, their latest hit I am sure, is stork, glam, bump. Bethenny is urban, social, chic. I can't remember Bev Hill's three, but their last one was glitter which was perfect for that ridiculously awesome show.

Every time I see it, for any show, I am always think damn that's clever and then I think damn I love Bravo.

No comments:

Post a Comment