Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Delayed Golden Globes

Dear Kate,

I consider the Golden Globes one of the best award shows. It's the most fun because it combines both the telly and big screen and not to mention, the stars are just so boozy! This year, I did my best to see as many of the nominated flicks and shows as possible (mostly in the week leading up to the awards!). Of course, there were still that passed by but some I just didn't want to see.

Sadly, I was not able to watch the three hour show live--the fam was in town so we were chatting about this that and the wedding--but last night, Lady Di and I decided to finally watch it because everyone kept telling us that Ricky Gervais was either downright funny or outright mean! We had the benefit of TiVo so it dropped the show from 3 hours to about 2, thank god. It was quite a luxury to fast-forward through the boring speeches and the mini-series or TV movies and of course the commercials. But, I decided that Ricky did an awesome job--usually I don't find the hosts that funny since they just read the teleprompter jokes with no emotion, but he was so funny. He's the entertainment, so he entertained the audience. Chillax Hollywood, if you're offended, here's what you can do to prevent it next time: Stop doing stupid stuff.

Here are some observations about this year's award show:
1. Steve Carrell and Tina Fey's introduction was super funny as was Robert Downey, Jr's.
2. A three-hour show is a little excessive, I think they can cut some of the commercials.
3. Darren Criss was at there! And went on stage when Glee won!! So exciting!
4. The celebs were drinking their fair share of Moet champ. According to google, it's $99 a bottle, but do we expect anything less? Maybe one day I'll drink that kind of champ!
5. They really need to work on the seating arrangements. The entire show could have been only 2.5 hours because people were hiking from their cheap seats in the back.

Oh I just LOVE awards season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment