Friday, October 1, 2010

Isn't a Judge supposed to Judge

Dear Kate,

As you know, I'm not a Dancing regular. I am intrigued by the stars dedication to the show, their talent and the media hype surrounding it on a regular basis. However, I did see the Michael Bolton incident of 2010. After performing a lackluster jive--maybe some other dance--I have no idea, the judge told him that it was the worst *insert dance here* in their 11 seasons (and btws 11 seasons is mind blowing, they must crank this show out like Happy Meal toys). Now everyone is on Bruno Tonioli because he was too harsh.

Let me ask you Kate, was anyone on Simon Cowell's case when he was mean on American Idol? Was anyone asking him to do some soul searching? No. Why? Because he's a judge. It's a competition. Michael Bolton knew that when he signed up. And he knew the process, because like I said, there have been 11 seasons! Is it just that Michael expecting some star treatment? But if I got up here and danced, then I am sure that the judges would, well let's be honest they would praise my dance moves, but for this blog post's sake, let's say I was having an off day. They would probably oh I don't know, judge me and critique me.

They are supposed to tell you that you stink if you do. They are supposed to praise you if you are good. They are supposed to comment on your performance. The 8 year olds who watch the show could tell you that.

Didn't anyone ever tell him, there's no crying in Dancing with the Stars?

No comments:

Post a Comment