Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Birthday Surprise

Dear Kate,

Every morning, when I would go to work, I heard the radio DJs (our faves, Sarah and Vinnie) call people's names and tell them that they have 10 minutes to call and get $500. Finally I had enough. I could totally be one of those people. So, when I got back from Tahoe, Labor Day weekend, I signed up and thought, ok this could be something I never win.

Every day I would be in the car in time to hear the 8:10 name be called (because how sweet would it be to have my favorite morning show, Sarah and Vinnie, announce my name on air!!) and every day for the past month, they would call someone else's name. Today I thought, it would be excellent if they called my name, but highly doubted it! I made sure I was in the car at 8:10 and damn the woman from Milpitas who took my money. Damn! But then it went out of my head because I was so excited that it was my birthday.

Then it became something that I didn't think about and at noon I sat down with Betsy to go over a new project for a client. She's giving me details, I'm taking notes, the usual! Then Mary's husband calls her cell phone and tells her that they just called my name! WHAT? WHEN? NOW? WHAT'S THE PHONE NUMBER! IS THIS A JOKE? were just some off the things that I blurted out when I was running around trying to calm myself and be able to form a sentence.

Finally I got the number and called in and talked to a lovely woman in the promotions department and she asked me a bunch of questions and then chatted me up a bit so she could get a sound bite!! She told me I didn't sound too excited, but I told her that it was my birthday and that I couldn't believe it!

As soon as the interrogation sesh was over--actually I shouldn't call it that because it's my money now-- they played my sound bite (that's right, I'm practically famous now) and I had to tell people about my SWEET present and spread the word that they should enter!!

What are the odds of that happening? And on my birthday? Maybe I should stop singing it's praises until I get my money? Yeah that's a good idea!!

Ok, don't sign up until I see the cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment