Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kudos and Boos 2012

Let's start the year off with some Kudos and Boos...

Kudos to VK! Today is her birthday and she crossed the "quarter of a century" threshold! We celebrated on Friday night with Happy Hour at the Office and some bocce ball. I taught a quick bocce lesson to the group and VK was rolling like a big shot (no pun intended) and played like a pro. She brought our team to victory! I say it was my stellar teaching skills, others say she was lying that she was a novice. I choose to believe the former.
Boos to the latest celebrity baby name, and boy is this one a doosy...or should I say girl since that's what Beyonce had this weekend. I had high hopes for this baby name, with parents as slick as Beyonce and Jay-Z, how could they go wrong? Well they managed to in my opinion. I was hoping that their first baby name would be something along the lines of Brad Pitt's baby name, Knox, which had a certain "badass" effect. Unfortunately, the name "Blue Ivy" just doesn't have that. I understand that the middle name has personal attachments, which is all fine and good, but you really lost me at the first name. Colors are colors, people!

Kudos to 2012 Goals. With 2012 in full swing, as well as Deprive Yo'Self 2012, it's so far so good. Just one week into the new year, I've managed to take my vitamins on a daily, hit the gym, and I promise today I will start blogging and reading more (damn you Netflix Watch Instantly and How I Met Your Mother!). But week two is really the test. You're past the "I need to remember to do this and that" and not so much at "it's a bonafide habit" so it can be touch and go. This is what separates the goals from the resolutions. (Sidebar: I don't believe in or like the word resolution. It has more of a "temporary" tone whereas a goal is something you strive for, and so I made a list of 2012 goals that are all achievable. And I know what you're thinking, but yes, there is totally a difference.) Let's see how this week goes.
Boos to Deprive Yo'Self 2012. It's just so much easier to treat! The first week was a necessary "cleanse" although it was super annoying, I was hungry most of the week, and some say I wasn't in the best mood--I tell them they're ridiculous and demand they get out of my face--but each day will be a little easier. I hope.

Kudos to iPhone 4S. Apple's done it again. Yesterday I picked up my new phone and it's love at first sight. Who knew technology could come so far in just three years. Apple continues to amaze me and I am still not sure what's going on since we're still in that "honeymoon" stage, but so far, so good.
Boos to the world's most terrifying movie preview, "The Devil Inside" AND for America making it the #1 movie this weekend. When I first saw the preview, well, I should say, when I first saw the first 10 seconds of the preview, I knew it wasn't going to be a Julie movie. In fact, just hearing the preview, with my eyes squeezed shut, still gave me chills. A "documentary" style movie about exorcism? Psh. I'd rather run around in circles for 2 hours. And yes, I would be able to run around for 2 hours. I am pretty sure I could pretend I was running from the possessed freak I saw in the first 10 seconds of the preview as inspiration.

Here's to a quick week!

No comments:

Post a Comment