Monday, January 16, 2012

A Day Behind...

I've been slacking on the blog this week, so let's start out the week right. with kudos and boos, a day late...

Kudos to the 49ers. As a bandwagon fan, I must say, I was sweating bullets for this second to last round of playoff game. By the end of the first quarter, the niners were kicking ass and taking names and I was wondering how the Saints had made it as far as they did. But as you are always taught to never assume (assume nothing, trust no one), the Saints came back and that's when it got stressful. I was closing my eyes more than I was during Girl with the Dragon Tatoo movie and cursing players that I just learned their names. But, the last quarter was amazing, and the last 2 minutes and 30 seconds was fantastic--almost like a movie! If you were to take a quick bathroom break you could have missed a touchdown. But in my opinion, and I am not saying this bc I am a bandwagon fan, the 49ers should win it just because of those last few minutes. Also Alex Smith and Vernon Davis are superstars!
Boos to the Italian cruise ship that ran aground on Friday. I am not really sure how the boat could hit the ground and still tip over like it did, or how a massive cruise ship could hit ground in gerenal, especially just a few hours after leaving port, but so sad.

Kudos to Ricky Gervais's stand up job hosting the Golden Globes. I thought he was awesome last year and was stoked that he did it again this year. He had some good hits early on--sorry Kim K, but you were a likely target--and managed to do it with a touch of class (a glass of beer whenever he went on stage). I'm never really crazy about hosts for award shows because sometimes they're just not funny, ergo the shows that forgo the hosts all together. But, the Globes hit a homerun last year with him, so it only made sense that they would go with Ricky again, and he was great!
Boos to Ricky Gervais's red suit. At first glance, it's not the best, but still could work. Then probably around the beginning of hour three, he lost his jacket. Still potentially workable, but then he turned around. So if you didn't see it, it was a burgandy suit with a black shirt, but the back of the vest was silver. I think i said "WHOA!" I didn't see that one coming and you know I don't think I wanted to.

Kudos to the Thursday night lineup on NBC. After a holiday hiatus, they switched some of the scheduling around and my god they came back with a vengence. . First, 30 Rock came back after an extra long summer vacation and while I thought they were getting a little lame at the end of last year, they brought it back this year. I mean, who doesn't love Tracy Jordan or Liz Lemon? THEN, perhaps my new fave show, Parks and Rec was on and I was laughing out loud it was so entertaining. Then, there was the Office. One that I've said has lost its touch in recent seasons, but I am still a devoted watcher. Well, this episode hit it out of the park. Any scene with Kevin was goldne. Then they wrapped up the night with Up All Night--another one of my new faves. In my opinion, NBC has always had their act together on Thursday nights (Friends at 8:00, anyone?) and they still got it.
Boos to this brief Kudos and Boos but I worked tomorrow and I am tired, so leave me alone.

Hopefully better luck this week with blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment