Monday, July 19, 2010

My Celebrity Kind of Weekend

This weekend was a truly monumental weekend. First, Lisa and I made great time getting to LA, mostly because we didn't have Marko "I obey the speedlimit" to slow us down and we were on a mission to get to Nonni's by dinner time. We got down there in about 6 hours and really only hitting some traffic at our exit-Los Feliz! We had a little early birthday dinner for Uncle Gary (who's actual birthday is today--Happy Birthday!) and just chatted till it was time to call it. Alas no celebrities on Friday night!

Saturday was the big day. We were going wedding dress shopping at 10 sharp in Beverly Hills. So, in pre-wedding mode, Lisa, Sarah and I went on a hike in Griffith Park--again, no celeb spotting, and my hopes were beginning to dwindle. So, a while later we were standing in Nonni's drive way getting the troops together and then across the street two guys were walking together and one was tall, kind of gangly, and had a scruffy face. It looked like...VINNIE CHASE!! Although, I can neither confirm nor deny my sighting-it could have very well been a mirage. Well, I was not jumping up and down about it, due to my doubts, so I wasn't dwelling on it and we ventured to Beverly Hills to try on wedding dresses.

So at Alfred Angelo, we meet Valerie, our newest best friend/bridal confidant. She literally brought out 12 dresses for Sarah (although she only tried on 10) and helped us with voting. Of course, the first dress was the winner, but we didn't want to make her sad, so Sarah tried on them all but we all kept going back to the first one. So, after 2 hours of wedding dresses, and a couple of bridesmaid dresses, we bid farewell to Alfred and hung around Bev Hills for a while, then ventured to FIDM where I tried to stock LC but alas she wasn't there.

A little later we went to the reception location, and went out later on. I kept my eyes peeled at the bar just in case someone walked in but sadly no one walked in. Just when I started to give up all hope, God threw me a bone. We were getting our car to go back home from the valet and all of the sudden Sarah and Tom had these "oh my gosh" faces on and said, it's Jermaine! I looked over and saw the guy he was with and thought, No Sarah, that is not Jermaine Dupri. Then, Sarah said, from Flight of the Conchords! AHHH yes! Flight of the Conchords! (A hilarious show on HBO that they just burst into random song...soo funny, he's the one with the glasses!) It was confirmed when he said, in his New Zealand accent, Hi, I'm Jermaine. YEAH YA! That's two (possibly) in one day! Who knew I was capable of such celebrity power!

Finally on Sunday, I was feeling pretty hot after two (pretty sure) celeb sightings so we went to brunch at a trendy brunch place, The Alcove. I was facing the entrance so I was keeping my eyes peeled whilest enjoying my french toast brioche, and then all of the sudden Sarah literally jumps out of her chair and says, "JULIE! A Jonas Brother!" I whip around and say, "Where!" Then she hands me a cup of water and tells me to get water, to which I say, "No, I have water," then I caught on and walked inside. I didn't think it was him, so I came back reluctantly, but Sarah was convinced. Meanwhile, there were two teens--maybe borderline tweens--sitting next to us and they were not amused about our sighting, which was another reason why I was hesitant. So, Tom decided to be the final vote and went to "get water." He came back with confirmation that it was Joe Jonas! Even when he walked past us, the two girls still did not get stoked. Tom decided they were Bieber fans.

So, that's my celebrity weekend. Sorry no photos, but didn't want to look like paparazzi--celebrities are people too! JK- I just couldn't get a good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment