Thursday, June 3, 2010

Will we be the City of Good Living still or the City of Crime?

According to Fergie, if you ain't got no money take your broke ass home, so that's just what San Carlos is doing, well to the Police force at least.

This little city has become incredibly broke after last year's economic slump, so now the city is scrambling. Their most logical choice...outsource the police force. Not the top of my list, but it's either that or close the parks (and as we learned from my new fave show, Parks and Rec, that's never a good idea because you need parks although if Rob Lowe would come to San Carlos, that I am okay with). Of course, I am still a firm believer in my "quarter give back program" but that idea will be shared when I run for City Council.

But what are the complications of outsourcing the police force? Crime? Yeah that's the first thing that I would think of! And what happens to the cops? Do they still get their pensions? I think all those questions are answered in the SF Chronicle article (yeah-ya!) today. As a San Carlosian, I'm not convinced that this is the way to go, but I don't really think there's many options out there : (

Anywho, we made it to the Chron so although SC is as broke as MC Hammer, that's gotta boost moral! Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment