Thursday, September 15, 2011

Up All Night: A Review

So, when paroozing Hulu to find an old Parks and Rec (perhaps one of my fave shows) show to watch, the hero banner was advertising the pilot for the new show, "Up All Night" with Will Arnett, Christina Applegate and Mya Rudolph. I am a lover for all of Will Arnett's shows. "Arrested Development" perhaps one of the best shows ever on TV, "Running Wilde" I think Lisa and I were the only people who watched it, but it was super funny. And I loved all of Christina Applegate's shows and Mya Rudolph is super funny too. When I heard that these three powerhouses were all going to star in a show, I knew it was going to be good, I am only disappointed that I didn't realize that it premiered last night (and I call myself a fan). So I was shockingly appreciative when I spotted it on Hulu (I'll save my distaste for Hulu for another post).

Here's what I'm thinking about the show...enormous potential. The opening scene gets you laughing when they find out their pregnant--what's not to love when scripted shows bleep out words! The characters are all lovable--Arnett is charismatic and definitely makes you laugh and his counterpart Applegate is funky with a splash of OCD, and then you throw Rudolph in there and the whole thing is shot to hell (I think she proved herself in Bridesmaids this summer)! Now, there's not a whole lot to go on since pilots are always a little lame, but I definitely was chuckling throughout the show. I give it a couple of episodes and it will be the talk of the celeb blogs--I can bet I'll be chatting about it.

So, hit up Hulu and check out Up all Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment