Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tunnel Vision

This is what happens when we try to be spontaneous. Thursday night at Happy Hour, Kate, Carly and I decide to go to the Rascal Flatts concert at the Shoreline Amphitheater in Mountain View. We joked about going and within 2 hours we had tickets--very unlike us. So decide to take the train to Mountain View, hop in a cab to get to the theater. So that's all well and fine, except we pick a cabbie who believed that traffic laws were merely suggestions, we cheated death a couple of times.

So fast forward to the end of the opener, mother of like 26 kids Sara Evans, and after two tall boys of beer each we all had to use the disgusting port-a-potties. So we made our way to the top of the lawn section and waited in line, where Carly runs into a St. Charles mom, chatted it up and that's where we got separated. After we get out, Kate and I walk over to the pole that we said to meet at after the bathrooms, but couldn't find her (and also we had terrible reception so we couldn't text or call her). Being the good friends we are, we gave up and booked it to the bar and then back down to the blanket. Somehow Kate got a text from Carly saying that she was up at the bar, so I had my two beers in my hand (Kate only had one) and attempted to go find her and right before I left Kate told me that she would come look for me in 10 minutes. As soon as I got to the bar I realized this was a dumb idea because she knew we were at the blanket and I was on a time constraint, so I turned around. No sooner to I decide this, I see this blob moving towards me at a rapid pace and all of the sudden the next thing I knew, I was down on the ground with beer all over me.

What was going through my mind? Well first, OUCH! Then holy crap, I gotta get out of this situation in case any one I know is around, then son of a bitch I just washed these jeans and finally, sad face, there goes those two drinks. I was probably on the ground for maybe 2 seconds, popped back up, checked my pockets for my phone and wallet and got the hell out of there. I made my way back down to the blanket, found the girls relatively quickly and came up to them with my hair drenched in beer, mud on my pants, a bruised bum and hurt ego, and yelled in a wailing kind of voice, "I AM NOT OK!" The look on their face was somewhat priceless because I looked like I just took a shower.

Eventually I pulled my beer hair back and pushed through with a sore bum and muddy jeans. It was a pretty solid evening, even with my accident. But I think this was the wake up call I needed to be more aware of my surroundings!

No comments:

Post a Comment