Monday, August 8, 2011

Nice little surprise

Dear Kate,

Well the universe was out of whack last week. I was working and my dad was on vacation. Didn't think that would ever happen! But needless to say I was very sad that they were all relaxing and having fun on the beach while I was chillin in my cube, working away, making sure that the world knows about their data information systems. Actually, I can't remember the last time I actually worked the first week of August. Working is way overrated when it comes to missed vacations.

But I powered through the week and made it to Saturday for Leah and Josh's wedding (soooo fun btws!)! While I was VIP at the wedding the fam bam had the big dinner for Nonno Floyd's birthday and a farewell to the beach. It is one of my favorite dinners, so I made sure everyone knew that they missed me, giving them crap that it wouldn't be the same without me, telling them make sure they don't choke on the tiramisu, blah blah blah. Now, mind you I was at a fantastic wedding but I had to make sure they know that they couldn't have any fun without me.

But I suppose I made an impression on them because when I finally checked the mail today I saw that there was a card waiting -- really waiting, I didn't check the mail for 4 days -- and everyone sent me a card saying that they missed me! Now only if I got the card when it came rather than the night before they come home...

No comments:

Post a Comment