Monday, February 7, 2011

Kudos and Boos

Dear Kate,

Another day late. Oh well. At least I'm consistently late.

Kudos...the Greenbay Packers! Our boy Aaron Rodgers brought the Vince Lombardi trophy home last night. The Chico native and Cal grad made us proud in Superbown 45. Well, I assume he's going back to Greenbay to drop off the trophy, then hightail it to Disneyland.
Boos...the Superbowl Planning Commission. Whoever thought it was a good idea to pack in extra seats to an already max capacity superdome was not that smart. Not only did it fail fire code, but also pissed a lot of people off who were turned away at the gate.

Kudos...the latest Train CD. I don't know why it took me so long to start listening to it, but it's so good. Fave tracks? Well, "I Got You" and "Half Moon Bay" "This Aint Goodbye" If you aren't listening to it, then you need to get your iTunes in check.
Boos...to Xtina Aguleria. I always thought singers nail the Star Spangled Banner before getting a record deal. But as I learned, lots of people don't know the song. Maybe record labels should start making that a priority. But what do I know, I'm just a girl who likes music and no apparent talent.

Kudos...The presh Darth Vader from yesterday's Superbowl commercial for the VW Passat! This was really the only commercial that I paid attention to, but how could you not! The six year old was the talk of the country this morning. Way too adorable.
Boos...Camp Lilo. Just when you thought she was fading behind other trainwrecked stars, Lindsay Lohan fights her way to the top of the tabloids. This time for "borrowing" (some call it stealing) a necklace and then denying that she had it at all. Once the cops found it, that's when she went with the borrowed story. I feel like maybe someone really should be with her 24/7, but at the same time she is 24 and needs to start taking responsibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment