Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Call me a Party Planner

Dear Kate,

You may have noticed that it has been a while since I last blogged. Well, that’s because I was recovering. Not like Lindsay Lohan recovery, but more like a Mandy Weiss recovery from too much party planning.

On Saturday we had Sarah's bridal shower. It was a tea for about 43 people (there was a time when we thought it was going to be more, then a time when we thought it was going to be less) and indoors because LA decided to be like the rest of the planet and actually have weather that wasn't 70 degrees and sunny. Boy, putting on a party is a lot of work. And I am only talking about what I was in charge of, not what Lady Di or my Aunt Maria or Lisa, or Claire or AnneMarie or Nonni had. Man, talk about a lot of work.

Lady Di had done a lot of the work before we even left San Carlos. She was polishing silver for weeks and Lisa made some delish cookies that went in the gift bags, so when we got in the car on Thursday at 4:30 to go to Nonni's I thought, meh, we are in pretty good shape. But, boom! Friday morning we running errands like it was nobody's business! Costco! Raplhs! Party City! We did it all. I stayed behind to do some set up in the second half of the day while Mom and Maria went to Pasadena to get some rental goods. Just pulling out champagne flutes and tea cups took forever. Well it could have been that I would pull out 2-3 then get something to eat or drink, chat with Nonni, then go back to a couple more, and the cycle would repeat itself!

Saturday morning, I was a crust cutting machine! When I thought people were stressing a little too much, I decided to take it upon myself and break one of Nonni's new champagne flute, to bring people back down to planet earth. :o) Im such a clumsy giver. Meanwhile Marko was walking against the wall to avoid being asked to help.

Before we knew it people were arriving and we were munching on delicious chicken salad sandwiches, cucumber sandwiches, fruit, salad, and cupcakes! We had some legit games, including toilet paper brides which I am a huge fan of now, and then spent hours opening presents! The rain thank goodness held off until the second to last guest left, but that made us all have to stay inside and do dishes for what felt like an eternity.

All in all it was a great day and a great party! I'm sad to say that it felt like it was over as soon as it began, but I guess that means that time just flew! This was the kick off to the wedding season, YEAH YA!


I have more pics to post, but can't figure out how to copy them over so I'll do it later (maybe). :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment