Saturday, February 5, 2011

Is this a sign?

Dear Kate,

Since 2011 was introduced to the planet, or at least to those who are on the Christian calendar, I have had a ridiculously hard time finding parking. The other day it was at the bank, then it was at Starbucks, but most recently, frequently and annoyingly, it has been at the gym. I don't know if it was in 2010 that America, or at least the Redwood City population, got fatter and so they actually are sticking to their New Year's Resolution, or what, but every time I leave work to go straight to the gym, no parking. Even this morning, I went at the dignified hour of 9 am and it was packed and in my second attempt, it was again packed, but at least then I got a spot. What the hell is going on in Redwood City?

So this morning, I got to thinking, maybe it's a sign that I should cut back. Sadly, this wedding is quickly approaching and you had the awesome idea that I should get a driver. Which I supposed we could technically say that Lisa is my driver because she usually drives when we go to the gym. And when that happens, we always find parking. So maybe I just shouldn't drive to the gym and only have Lisa do it. Yes, I think that's a wonderful idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment