Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ello week 2...


Well it’s a week into my new routine and I already missed kudos and boos from this past weekend. Are we surprised? Not entirely.

So the past week has been pretty busy. We actually had been pretty active so where to start...

First, on Wednesday night, we went to go see a classic movie. Not only for America, but Carly and I watched it ALL the time in high school. That’s right, we saw "Dirty Dancing" on the big screen. Kate had never seen it and the theater is doing a revamp for old classics (the next batch they were advertising looks bomb too). So we went to happy hour at our fave restaurant by the theater and had some delish raspberry mojitos and then made our way to a really full theater (not completely, but definitely full) of fans. Of course, Carly and I spent the movie whispering “Oh this is my favorite part” or “Oh this is great” or “Kate, this is awesome, pay attention” but we were in a theater with people who most likely had already seen it so we didn’t bother too many people. At least that’s what we’re telling ourselves.

Then on Friday night, we pretended like we were in high school and had a sober night (well for the most part). Malibu Grand Prix was closing on Sunday (the 18th) and since we all had spent many end-of-the-year parties, birthdays, or random adventures playing mini-golf, we decided to give it one last round before we bid adieu. Well we weren’t the only ones who had this bright idea because when we pulled into the parking lot, it was packed. Pretty sure the Malibu employees were annoyed it was never this busy before they announced closing. But no fear, we spotted a Tesla (our good luck charm) and found a spot right in front! But, for a full parking lot, we waited probably 10 minutes in line for our clubs and balls (which was a pleasant surprise) and then made our way to the course and weren’t waiting or being rushed the entire time! It was awesome. I am not going to brag about winning, so I’ll let the instagram below show you how we did. Oh and yes, that is a 1.



We rounded out the evening with a trip to Frozen Yogurt (always a classic) and then tried to watch the Beyonce HBO documentary, but got played by Netflix and started a “unauthorized” version. We didn’t realize we were watching the wrong one until about 10 minutes in and we kept seeing the same 7 pictures being shown and no B or Jay-Z interviews. So we then turned it over to a legitimate music documentary on Taylor Swift. Really, it was as if we were in high school again, but we did have wine…ahh so close. 

So on Saturday, Carly and I went to see “The Way, Way Back.” I had first heard about this movie from the Killer Bees who told me I would really like it back in July. Then when I was in San Clemente, the girls had seen it and enjoyed  it (Carly was obsessed with it – her words not mine) so I was dying to see it. So after weeks of waiting, she and I went to a Saturday morning movie and from the moment the previews started through walking out of the theater, I LOVED it. I laughed. I cried. I could have sat there all afternoon. It was fantastic. I even loved the title – so clever. And no joke on the crying, when the credits started to roll, I had tears (notice the plural) rolling down my face. And then I spent the next day (well actually week) walking around and saying, Oh and this part, wasn't Allison Janney awesome? The part with the eye patch..and so on and so on. It’s very reminisient of Little Miss Sunshine and Juno so you know you’re in good hands. It’s definitely on my “buy this asap” list.

After those exciting things, life has been pretty boring. I’ll have to do something exciting so I have a new blog post for this weekend/next week. But that’s three posts in two weeks. Record!

#Helloweekend
#Kudostomybloggingabilities
#checkoutthatphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment