Sunday, January 6, 2013

Kudos and Boos

Told you I would blog more in 2013, so without further ado - Kudos and Boos from the past couple of weeks.

Kudos to Pitch Perfect. Why I didn't see this in the theaters, I have no idea. This movie was AWESOME. Kate and I rented it on OnDemand and boy was it well worth it. We watched it twice in one weekend, Kate bought the soundtrack and then Carly bought the actual movie. It's got everything - a capella music, a humor, decent plot and Rebel Wilson is so hilarious. I think it's going to be one of those movies that we just watch on a rainy day.
Boos to a house divided. Tomorrow's the BCS game with Notre Dame and Alabama fighting for the title. Let's just say the Lark is a house divided, but luckily we are fair weather fans so no painters tape will be put down and after the game it will be all rose petals and sunshine. But for those three hours, some words may be exchanged. #goirish

Kudos to Gone Girl. This was one of the most talked about books in 2012, making all sorts of lists, so during my break I decided that I should finally sit down and read it. It's a suspense book and it's not usually my cup of tea, so I did try to read it a couple of times before but it just kept creeping me out so I would only read a chapter and then go off to another book. But since I had time to read during the day, I started and could NOT put it down. There are so many twists and turns but fairly easy to keep up with it. And a good way to distract you when you're on the elliptical at the gym, it would almost make me want to keep going. Almost.
Boos to Gone Girl. This book had it's creepy moments. And sometimes I couldn't sleep. Yes, I get scared easily so someone who likes this stuff may be able to handle it a little better than I could. But it was a little tough to fall asleep a couple times. Good thing I was on vacation.

Kudos to Scandal. I've said, oh I should watch this for about the past four months since my friends at Netflix keep putting it in my "Shows you should watch" list and we finally started watching it last week and we got so addicted we finished the first season yesterday (calm down, it was only 7 episodes). Kerri Washington needs to take a chill pill at least once an episode but it's so addicting and so much easier to follow than Revenge (esp these days). And you know, who doesn't love a good Shondra Rimes thriller?
Boos to getting back to the real world. Last week's three day work week was pretty awesome...if only they could always be like that.

And since tonight Revenge and Downton Abbey comes back, i got to go get my ducks in a row so I can watch them...until later this week.

#2downyeahya

No comments:

Post a Comment