Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013 - Here We Go

Well it's already 2013. And seeing as we're 6 days into the new year already, it's time to get going on my blogging since that's one of my new year goals.

Just a quick recap - the end of December was awesome. What's not to love though, a nice long holiday break, Christmas, a trip to Sonoma, New Years Eve, movies, visits from the So Cal Boninos? Sounds like perfection. (I told you it would be a quick recap)

Unfortunately, it's back to the real world so let's go into some of the new goals I've cooked up...
1. Cook a real meal from scratch once a week...I don't cook but I can microwave something like nobody's business. So this year, I am going to try and cook something with real ingredients once a week. And I am proud to say, yes I cooked last week. On a week night. When I was back at work. Go me. I found this recipe on Pintrest and it's for Spinach Parmesan Quinoa and boy was it an easy recipe. I mean obviously since I was able to make it and bonus - I survived. One week down...51 to go.

2. Read the newspaper. Usually I get my news from 10 minutes of Good Morning America as I am running out the door, whatever they chat about on the radio (I am usually in the car during the celebrity trash) and then I get the rest of my news from People.com. I will breeze through the SF Chronicle website once a morning, but maybe I'll pick up an actual throw-away paper and read that daily. Although it is six days in and I have yet to do it. But in the words of good ol' Scarlett O'Hara...tomorrow is another day.

3. Blog/Tweet/Yelp. I am slowly starting to tweet so let's see if I can keep this going. And since Lady Di and I are still keeping on with our Friday Lunch Dates, I would like to start yelping about those encounters - maybe I'll blog about those too.

4. This one's always at the top of everyone's list, but being healthy. So far no alcohol for me...I was aiming for all of January, but let's see if I can do it. I mean 6 days so far, why not another 25?

Ok, that sound do it for my new year goals. Maybe seeing them written down will help me keep up with them, but who the heck knows.

Now on to my second post of 2013 (one more than December 2012)...kudos and boos...stay tuned.

#bloggingin2013 #sixdaysdone359togo

No comments:

Post a Comment