Sunday, July 29, 2012

Kudos and Boos...

Here we go for some kudos and boos...happy sunday!

Kudos to the Olympics! I love the summer olympics. The Pomp! The Circumstance! I'm a sucker for it (especially the swimming and diving). I watched the Opening Ceremonies on Saturday, so rather than watch it for 4.5 hours, I was able to watch it in about an hour and it was pretty awesome! The whole ring creation and not to mention the fireworks were pretty spectacular. I have been watching them all weekend and even last night when we were in downtown Palo Alto, the bar we were at was playing the men's gymnastics. The whole bar was fixated on it and it stinks that the whole nation is working for the next two weeks so we can't just sit and watch it. But, thank goodness for the internet so I can catch up on all the highlights!
Boos to the Kristin Stewart fiasco. Where to start, where to start? Here's where...the public statement. What was she thinking - actually, scratch that, what was her publicist thinking? Have they ever heard of deny, deny, deny? Not to mention that she's barely recognized the fact that she and Rob were together these few years and then once those pics surfaced, she's showing emotion and admitting they're in love. And even her director boyfriend released one too - boy these people are new to the Hollywood scene. Then, there are the photos that caught them red handed. In my opinion, they had it coming. They are both super loaded, so why did they not think to sneak around to maybe a hotel where they were away from any cameras? Oh no, they thought, oh let's go tootle around town in my mini coop and just park it, no one will see us. Well, that's not true because they were caught. Now, it's all over the news that she's devastated, blah blah blah. This whole thing could have been avoided if they even just drove to the valley, away from any paparazzi. We'll see how this plays out but hopefully it'll fade away...quickly.

Kudos to Kathy Griffin! Kate and I went to the Nob Hill Masonic in San Francisco and saw her show. We saw her last year and decided it's going to be a "whenever she comes to town" deal and as usual, she did not disappoint. She had some good material (thank you Kristin Stewart and the Jackson family drama) and was up on stage for a little over two hours, all well worth it! AND after the show, Kate and I booked it to the elevators and even saw another celeb - Steve Wozniak! We essentially cut a bunch of people and took some people out so we could get closer, but he hopped in an elevator super quickstyle and vanished, well until we got in the car and sat there trying to get out of the parking structure and he was a few cars ahead! But, add it to our celeb sighting list, thank you very much.
Boos to Footloose. Not the original, but the remake. I got it on my Netflix this weekend and I heard it was good, but very very similar to the original. So, when I watched it today I was finding new things to do so that I didn't have to just sit and watch it. I was organizing anything and everything (even blogging - whoa, I know) and I was not impressed. This movie was almost identical, so in my opinion, why remake it?

Kudos to the Dark Knight Rises (let's just focus on the movie itself - nothing more). But this movie was awesome. SO good. Although it was definitely long - 2 hours and 45 minutes, yes it tested my patience - but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Let's just say Joseph Gordon Levitt was phenom, I liked Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and well Christian Bale was legit as always.  
Boos to waiting for vacation. That's right - it's five days away so I spent most of my day making lists of all the things that I need to do between now and then, all of the errands I should run, and ways to make this week go by even faster. Now I just need to get through the next five working days and HELLO SAN CLEMENTE (yes, I already have a list of things to do).

And can we take a moment to recognize the length of this Kudos and Boos?
#slowclap

No comments:

Post a Comment