Monday, February 6, 2012

Typical

Just a typical Carly-Julie situation.

On Saturday morning, I was on my way to the gym. While I was stopped at a stop light, I grabbed my wallet and pulled out my debit card and put it in my pocket because Kate and I stop for coffee after class. So I go about it without thinking much about it and throw my wallet back over to the passenger seat and then take a moment and think, hold on, that didn't seem right. So I opened up my wallet again and glance down at my id, and said, well that's not me. Luckily, I did know who it was and it was Carly. So I hopped on the phone (hands free of course, people, don't get all hot and bothered) and I asked, hey have you seen your license lately? She reacted as if it was the dumbest question on the planet, however, moments later when she checked her wallet, she said, well, yep, that's definitely you.

How did this happen, you ask? Well, we walked downtown to go to happy hour and I held both ids in my coin purse and then I gave hers (or what I thought was hers) back to her at the end of the night. Well that happened the Friday before. Not the night before, more like the week before. So yes, we spent that whole week walking around with the wrong ids and we didn't even know it. And I even bought alcohol with hers and the checker didn't even bat an eyelash. However I can't go on and say how dumb they are for not noticing since I still took it out of my wallet and showed it to them and put it back no problem and didn't notice it myself.

Attention to detail? Definitely not my strong suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment