Sunday, November 20, 2011

People helping people

Yesterday I ran into a nice surprise. When I got a pretty phenomenal coupon to Gap, courtesy of the Gap credit card, and skipped my way off to spend it. So when I read it, I misread the fine print...isn’t that always the case? I read it as, “you can use this at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic as long as you use your Gap Credit Card” Well, that wasn’t the case because when I went to the cash register at Old Navy yesterday and was all stoked to pay so I could get a super good discount and surprise surprise, it was a Gap store coupon only. While bummed, I prepared to swipe my card anyhow (I snagged some pretty sweet deals) and the lady next to me threw a $20 off coupon at me. I tried to say no thanks, but she told me take it and that she didn’t spend enough to have it work and just as I get out a “No I can’t but thank you” she was gone in a flash.


That’s pretty much the long and short of it, but I thought it was a nice story. And I’m not saying that since I got to utilize that $20 discount.


#Ineedtopayattentiontothefineprint

No comments:

Post a Comment