Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fighting the Book

Last Sunday, I was playing on my compuper and tried to log into Facebook. It brought up another log in page, and so I thought I just mistyped the password. After a couple of tries, I didn't still could not log on and I read that my account was disabled. WHAT? I didn't do anything to "violate the terms of service" so clearly they made a mistake. I had to email them with my name, birthday and my email address. I figured I would be back on by the end of Monday.

I heard nothing from them for 2 days. Kate and Teresa were so concerned that they started a group: Dear Facebook, please give Julie Bonino back her profile. (They are so good to me.) I was starting to think that I would never get the book back, which I thought could potentially be okay (ive been meaning to cut back). I was thinking that it would make me last person to find things out...which i HATE being the last to know. But then, just as I was about to give up hope, I checked my email and a Facebook, someone has invited you to join this group....was there. Could it be? I tried to log in, and it said "incorrect email/password combination" So, again, I just thought I mistyped it. I tried again, but same thing happened. So I had them send me my password and then when I finally logged in, i found out that someone changed my name (Follow Us) and changed my profile picture to an animated girl with playing cards.

So here's my thought process on this...about 2 weeks ago, I got a confirmation email from PayPal telling me that $103.00 was charged to my account. I didn't do that. Someone hacked into my account. After I filled out a claim, they emailed me telling me it was accessed by a third party. Then, about 4 days later, I get rejected from the book. As a result, I have changed my passwords.

Now, I can be in those identity theft commericals becayse I AM a victim of identity fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment