Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Eating Tour of Laurel Street Continues...

Well it's been a while, but Lady Di and I were able to get back to our Friday lunch dates this week. So we hit up the new trendy place on Laurel - one of the many - Limone. This is owned by the same owners as Positano (literally right next door) so there's the same modern aura bleeding from this place. The menu is a focused more on lunch and breakfast and I imagine that they really shine on the weekend brunches for one reason only...bottomless mimosas. They offer bottomless mimosas every day as as much as I would have loved to try it out on Friday, I still had to work, so that will be another adventure for another day.

So back to the lunch menu. I had a chicken spinach salad with raspberry vinagrette. Pretty tasty, not a whole lot to it though. And really how can you screw up a spinach salad?! But I was definitely full when i left. When you compare it to the gorgonzola salad I had next door though - this was lame sauce. Lady Di really did pick the winner though. She had a Kobe (is it Kobe as in Bryant or Ko-bay? This is a question that has plagued me for years) burger and no she did not share (well besides one bite and I did steal a couple of fries when she was looking away).

The atmosphere in this place was pretty awesome. It's long and narrow, but ULTRA trendy. There's an enclosed "patio" that might be used only for a waiting space, but i could imagine a group sitting out there drinking their champ! Its very cute though and i can see this place catching up in good time and be the place to be soon enough. AND there are champagne bottles everywhere in decoration, where can you go wrong in that?

All in all, tasty with a lot of potential!

The important things I learned from this lunch date:
1. Bottomless mimosas will make a regular patron out of me
2. Kobe (bryant or ko-bay) burgers are always the right choice
3. Parking on Laurel Street on Friday at lunch time is downright awful. San Carlos is officially too trendy.

#iheartchampagne

No comments:

Post a Comment