Sunday, April 22, 2012

Kudos and Boos...

Here we go for Kudos and Boos...

Kudos to Mud Run 2012. Well, it's official, I'm a badass and so are Carly and Kate. Yesterday we ran in the NorCal Mud Run in the scenic town of Lathrop. It was a 5K and our wave time was at 3:00 in the afternoon, oh did I mention it was 90 degrees? So with some 50 SPF on, we bolted into a series of mud pits and said adios to clean clothes. Just with the first mud pit, we all got mud in our eyes, were soaked in mud to our necks someone ripped her pants (the identity of that girl shall remain nameless). We all survived without a broken body part (unlike our fave OC housewives) but learned some valuable lessons like, hats are key, goggles are genius, those toe shoes although in the real world seem silly, could change lives on a run like this. And who knew there were so many consistencies of mud!? and
Boos to Jersey Housewives. We watched the season premier tonight and with confidence I can say that I can walk away from this show, cold turkey (although they will be in SF/the bay, so with loyalties I must watch) but the pettiness and walking in circles is a waste. Lisa said it best, it's going to be like New York Housewives, and it's going to self implode and they'll have to clean house. So here's my declaration...it's over Jersey,  I'll stick to OC and Bev Hills.

Kudos to this new fitness high after the Mud Run. And just in good time too since summer is around the corner. I've been falling off the radar but we're hoping to do some more Mud Runs so we got to stay in training. Let's hope this enthusiasm will stay with me when I need to get in the car to go to the gym tomorrow.
Boos to Kim Kardashian's latest adventure...the mayor of Glendale. Her plan is to buy a house and run in 4 years. God help us. I hope that if she does run, my favorite Glendale residents will do what they need to do and, in the words of Liz Lemon, shut it down.

I don't have two more, so mi dispiace. But here's to a new work week...let's hope it's quick and painless!

No comments:

Post a Comment