Saturday, December 12, 2009

Celebrity Sighting!

Most people would consider politicians "celebrities" but to me, that does not really count unless they are really high up there...like so anyone could spot them. But, on Friday I did spot and stand about 30 feet away from...Willie Brown, Jr. Now, I don't anticipate a whole lot of people being able to spot him on their own so I really am only calling him a celebrity for one reason only. He had about 10 seconds of airtime in a major motion picture. That's right, he was in...The Princess Diaries! I believe he had one line, and one line only..."The Rain never comes down on Willie Brown" apparently he is on good terms with Mother Nature, which, it seems, Northern California is not.

Okay, so now you want to know all about my super sighting...well, Friday marked the end of Dad's reign as President of the ADC so we went to a luncheon at the Westin St. Francis. Very classy affair. Anywhos, the Keynote Speaker was none other than Willie Brown. And he even sat next to Dad (not for very long though, he was rather late and sat down for about 20 seconds before he gave his speech, which was pretty funny but I wont tell you so if you want to know, email me so that I can get an idea of how many people actually read this.) Okay, getting back on track, Mom and I were at the front table, so I was about 30 feet from him. Add that to the list and we are getting up there in numbers. Although I must say, even though I have a character from a hit movie, the list still seems pretty low. I just have to take it one celebrity at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment