Wednesday, March 21, 2012

An object at rest will stay at rest...

At approx 10:00 on Saturday night, we decided to wait in line for Autotopia, one of my favorite rides as a kid. Now let me set the stage, we're in our second set of clothes (thanks to our costume change earlier), but we're not completely dry since we went on Splash Mountain (not our smartest idea but it was fun) and when we got in line, you could actually see stars...the first time it wasn't cloudy all day.So we're in line and Julia whips out her phone and tells us that at 10:00 her hourly weather report says that there's supposed to be 100% chance of rain. And since it's clear, we all immediately start bashing Apple's technology...well Steve Jobs was getting us back because not 10 minutes later, as were about ready to tell the cast member that we need three cars, I fet a drop. Then, another, then it was a bonafide downpour.

So, immediately, cries break out for everyone to whip out their ponchos. Carly, Julia and I were trying to get our fresh plastic bags out and fumbling under pressure, while the mass amount of people behind us have already succeeded, and even had their children covered (another clue that I am not ready for children). It's now our turn to hop in our individual cars and the previous passengers are getting out to let us in, and they're soaked, since they're hip and cool convertibles. So I jump in, and start to go the speedy 6.5 miles per hour, holding my steering wheel through the plastic of my poncho...my hands were so cold...and realized that these cars were so much more comfortable as a child. But it could have been worse because others, mainly Carly, had to sit in a huge puddle.
So there we are cruising through the ride, and I approached an "overpass" and the car infront of the car in front of me was broken down so two cast members were trying to jump start the car. One guy was between the two cars and one was off to the side holding a flashlight. So I released my foot on the pedal (since there are no breaks) and stopped.Meanwhile Carly's driving her car (she's behind Julia) and she's not really having it. She's got one hand holding her hood cause mind you it's still raining cats and dogs, and the other peaking out of her sleeve in a claw-like fashion. So back to me, I was stopped waiting for traffic to start a flowing for maybe 15 seconds when I heard a crash! Then felt a bump, then went into the car in front of me.

While these noises were occuring, the cast member who was standing between the two cars heard this as well and talk about a drama queen, flipped out so he wasn't between the two cars and flailed his arms around. Then, the fool holding the flashlight yells out: PEOPLE PLEASE PAY ATTENTION! You could have killed us. I think all three of scoffed in unison. Really sir? A car that goes 6.5 miles per hour with a track between the it can kill someone? I think the most you could walk away with was a stubbed toe! Don't get mad at us since you're standing in the cold rain! Within seconds you could hear Julia laughing and yelling Carly's name, but poor Carly wasn't too impressed. And she was ready to kick this ride to the curb.

As soon as we got off of the ride (and it magically stopped pouring of course) the first thing she told us all she kept thinking was,"Why the *bleep* are we on this? We can drive and we all have our own cars!"

I suppose some people can't find the magic on every ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment